Guesswork Television is part of the Token Group which also includes Token Artists, Token Events and Creative Representation.
Guesswork Television is a television company which provides specialist development and executive producing services to film and television productions created by and for our artists.
Token Artists is a personal management company representing a small number of high profile Australia comedians. Token Events produces the live seasons of these comedians, and others.
Creative Representation represents actors, writers and directors working in film, television, theatre, voice-over & corporate video as well as radio personalities and presenters.
Key responsibilities & duties
Reporting to the Company Director, Director of Production and Executive Producer of any specific Guesswork Television programs, this position will vary from being responsible for the overall content and quality of field packages to aspects of the post production process. This will include development, supervising the production and post-production team and coordinating the work of various third parties for field, studio and graphic pieces.
Some specific duties:
- Responsible for researching, writing and editing content if requested
- Cooperate with news producers/producers, journalists, researchers, writers and associate producers to gather information and follow leads
- Manage production teams including camera operators, sound recordists, broadcast technicians to provide live satellite feeds or shoot field pieces for edit and to stay on schedule
- Find contributors and interviewees as well as other sources of material as appropriate and ensure all legal paperwork is fully executed
- Arrange interviews with talent and location shots and produce content under strict deadlines
- Work with the post team to produce compelling stories for network including digital
- Supervise/lead the post production process and be able to execute studio and field packages from scope to delivery
- Work directly with Executive Producer, Series Producer and post team to ensure that the artistic and creative integrity of the project is executed properly
- Manage project timelines and workflow, personnel and budget, reporting any relevant updates to the Executive Producer and Director of Production
- Manage multiple broadcast and field post production projects and hit specific deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day post production ensuring all projects and operations are running smoothly
- Find the best solution to change scope and deliveries if required
- At least a Bachelor level qualification in a related field such as theatre, performance, writing, directing or production
- At least 6 years experience in a similar position either overseas or in Australia Work across multiple genres and understands complete television pipeline from concept through to delivery.
- Can work in pre- production, physical production and post production.
- Excellent technical production skills working on high profile film and television productions
- Ability to shoot on multiple productions and edit on multiple platforms (Premiere proficiency a bonus)
- Demonstrated strong field producing skills and exceptional storytelling and directing
- Strong post-production skills and the ability to work efficiently in a team as well as in isolation
- Experience managing production teams, including camera operators, sound recordists, broadcast technician to provide live satellite feeds or shoot field pieces for edit and stay on schedule
- Multi cam shoot experience a bonus
- Appropriate experience and contacts to be able to arrange interviews with talent and locations shoots under strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple broadcast and field post-production projects and hit specific deadlines
Please send your application to [email protected].